ANNOUNCEMENT: Innovate Edmonton Welcomes New Innovation Growth Council to Advise on Needs and Trends in Capital City Ecosystem
Today, Innovate Edmonton is proud to announce our new Innovation Growth Council – a group of diverse advisors and evangelists from across Edmonton’s innovation spaces. These 14 Council members were selected through an in-depth process conducted over several months and will serve as ambassadors and champions for innovation, representing a broad swath of our community.
“Innovation is a big tent and Edmonton will benefit from the insights of an Innovation Growth Council that represents our diverse strengths across all sectors of innovation, from tech to sustainability, arts and finance to post-secondary and Indigenous ingenuity,” said Innovate Edmonton CEO Catherine Warren. “Innovate Edmonton convenes industry, academia, entrepreneurs and investors to shape urban transformation, building Edmonton’s innovation ecosystem and the jobs that go with it. I am looking forward to the perspectives that this group of community champions will bring to our Council table.”
The volunteer Council is dedicated to advising the CEO and Board, while exploring and connecting the diverse range of Innovators in Edmonton.
Information about the Council and the new Council Members can be found here https://innovateedmonton.com/innovation-growth-council/
- Abby Aiyeleye, Co-Founder, Clavis Studio
- Carolyn Campbell, President & CEO, Norquest College
- Claire Theaker-Brown, Founder, Unbelts
- Connie Stacey, Founder & President, Growing Greener Innovations
- Gail Powley, President, Technology Alberta
- Ghalia Aamer, CEO, TalkMaze/University of Alberta student representative
- Jacquelyn Cardinal, Co-founder & Managing Director, Naheyawin
- Jason Suriano, Founder & CEO, TIQ Software
- Karra-Lee Gerrits, VP Strategy & Business Development, Protein Industries Canada
- Keenan Pascal, Founder & CEO, Token Naturals
- Lana Cuthbertson, Founder & CEO, Areto Labs
- Pilar Martinez, CEO, Edmonton Public Library
- Ron Mills, CEO, Tevosol
- Sandra Stabel, VP Innovation, HelpSeeker Technologies
The creation of the Council comes at an important time for Innovate Edmonton as the new organization supports the City of Edmonton’s post-pandemic recovery and efforts to build long-term economic resiliency. Innovate Edmonton is focused on promoting entrepreneurship, experimentation and encouraging greater economic growth through a healthy and inclusive ecosystem.
The Council will play a key role in connecting Innovate Edmonton with diverse innovators and establishing a more holistic innovation inventory in Edmonton. They will also advise Innovate Edmonton on inclusive programming, identify supports to unlock innovators’ potential and advance creative ways to tell Edmonton’s fresh success stories.