Job Type: Full Time, Three (3) Year Term.
Innovation is at the heart of what we do and shapes what we pursue for our people, partners, and companies. At Innovate Edmonton, we welcome challenges and engage in purpose-driven work. We value experimentation, trial and error, and big leaps of faith to achieve Edmonton’s audacious goals.
As a start-up agency with a broad innovation mandate, we are positioning Edmonton as an inclusive global innovation capital. We provide programs, community engagement and support for accelerators to propel Edmonton and Alberta forward. Join our growing team as we celebrate and promote leading Edmonton innovations that address today’s great global challenges.
Innovate Edmonton is the public face of Edmonton’s urban innovation ecosystem as we engage with communities, leaders, founders, and funders to seek out problems, solutions, participation, and talent!
The Capital City Pilots project, led by Innovate Edmonton in partnership with the City of Edmonton, lets entrepreneurs with innovative solutions pilot their products on city-owned assets to benefit the community, create jobs, and achieve sustainability.
- Reporting to the Director, Marketing & Communication – and a dotted line to the Head of Capital City Pilots – the Marketing Specialist will provide marketing coordination for the Capital City Pilots program in collaboration with our marketing team. This role will draft a (3) three-year outreach plan and then work with our Capital City Pilots and marketing teams to implement it; all while providing day-to-day community outreach and engagement. The successful candidate is a driven multi-tasker with a passion for building process and connecting people.
Your Key Accountabilities:
- Promotes an equitable, diverse, and inclusive work environment, and contributes to Innovate Edmonton’s ongoing pursuit of Reconciliation.
- In collaboration with the Innovate Edmonton marketing team, drafts a three-year (3) marketing strategy for the project to engage all key stakeholders.
- Implements the three-year (3) marketing strategy, including the development of content for all channels, including social media, website, blogs, etc. and all community engagement activities.
- Works with the Head of Capital City Pilots, and City of Edmonton liaisons, to communicate and leverage opportunities for Capital City Pilots.
- Maintains and updates Capital City Pilots information on the Innovate Edmonton website.
- Prepares and presents on Capital City Pilots to all stakeholder groups.
- Prepares and reports on marketing activities and adjusts plans as required.
- Supports the technical lead in developing and promoting the “challenge” website.
- Networks with local innovators to invite and promote Capital City Pilots and Innovate Edmonton’s mandate, values, and other supports at events.
Your Credentials, Skills, & Experience:
- Post-secondary degree in communications or related field (or directly experience equivalency; one (1) year of experience for one (1) year of education).
- 2+ years of related work networking and community-building experience.
- Excels in a start-up environment with flat organizational structure and strong team collaboration.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Competency in digital applications.
- Passion for innovation and entrepreneurship will be an asset.
- Innovator by nature.
Innovate Edmonton is cultivating a diverse and collaborative work culture that supports and celebrates innovation at all levels. We continuously strive for excellence, attracting top-talent, and are committed to providing team members meaningful and challenging work in an open and inclusive environment.
Capital City Pilots will tie local innovators and innovations to city-owned assets, pioneering ways to illuminate these innovations in the public realm for the benefit of Edmontonians.
Indigenous innovation has taken place on these lands, Amiskwaciwâskahikan/ᐊᒥᐢᑲᐧᒋᐋᐧᐢᑲᐦᐃᑲᐣ, Edmonton since time immemorial. At Innovate Edmonton, we recognize, appreciate, and celebrate the First Nations, Metis, and Inuit innovators whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. We respectfully acknowledge that we are situated on Treaty 6 territory, traditional lands of the Cree, Dene, Blackfoot, Saulteaux, Nakota Sioux, and Metis. We also encourage, support, and promote the resurgence of Indigenous knowledge and practices and are committed to empowering Indigenous innovation in the spirit of reconciliation.
How to Apply:
Your resume and cover letter can be submitted to email@example.com. Please be sure to address the role of innovation in your life and work. Application deadline is Friday, September 2, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Innovate Edmonton is committed to a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. As an equal opportunity, equal pay and equal rights employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.